In the summer months, the University of Guelph makes its student residences available to out-of-town visitors or groups. The summer hostel provides convenient, affordable, short-term accommodation between early May and mid-August on a nightly or long-term basis. We offer a variety of styles of accommodation, from a single dorm room, to a suite accommodation with a kitchenette, great for long-term guests looking to cook their own meals. Air conditioned, private townhouses are also available to accommodate a family or a larger group visiting the city of Guelph.
The University of Guelph summer hostel offers:
Traditional dorm-style accommodations:
- These residences have single rooms with one single bed or double rooms with two single beds as well as a desk and dresser for each guest.
- Suite style accommodations are suitable for individuals, families or groups and offer a kitchenette, bathroom and common sitting space.
- There is also a three-storey small building dedicated to group bookings. This building offers:
- Accommodation for up to 48 guests in mostly double rooms
- Three washrooms, one on each floor
- Common kitchen and recreational room
- There is no air-conditioning in our traditional dorm buildings.
- Townhouses are fully furnished and have four bedrooms each with one single bed. The layout of our townhouse units is three floors:
- the first floor is occupied by the kitchen and living room
- 2nd and 3rd floors each have two bedrooms and one bathroom on each floor
- The units are available for individuals, families or groups.
- All townhouses are air-conditioned.
- Single beds are standard twin mattresses (78"x36").
- Traditional accommodations have shared washroom facilities.
- Bed linens are provided.
- Telephones are available in each room for local calls.
- Long-distance calls can be made with calling cards (available at the Front Desk).
- Internet access free to all hostel guests (temporary passwords are arranged at the Front Desk).
- Laundry facilities are available.
- Parking is available at no extra charge.
- Meals can be purchased at campus dining areas (Centre Six, Gryph's and the Bullring) during their summer operating hours.
- Athletic facilities available at a reasonable daily or weekly rate.
- Transit service from campus to malls, city centre, bus and train terminals.
- A picturesque campus with nature trails in the Arboretum for your enjoyment.
- 24-hour desk coverage to assist you during your stay (ext. 58121 and ext. 58124).
- Pets are not allowed in residence buildings.
- All buildings on campus are non-smoking.
September to April (inclusive), please call: 519-824-4120, ext. 52694
May to August (inclusive), please call: 519-824-4120, ext. 58124
[advance reservations are recommended]
Long-term rates, as well as group or speciality rates are available. Please inquire.
IMPORTANT: Student Housing Services does not require your credit card number to book a reservation. Please do not send the University your personal credit card numbers via email.
Payment Methods Accepted
- Guests may charge their accommodation to a University of Guelph department if arrangements have been made in advance with the Hostel Accommodation Office.